cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting folder using selective sync without being up to date?

Disconnecting folder using selective sync without being up to date?

impracticaldogg
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

What happens if I disconnect a (local) folder from DB using selective sync, before that folder has synced fully to the cloud? Will I lose data or will DB simply keep that folder locally until everything has finished uploading?

I'm uploading the contents of some old external HDDs (after copying them to my internal HDD), and I'm not sure when they are fully uploaded (sometimes there are no icons next to some directories). And even after disconnecting them via selective sync one is still on my local drive 24 hours later??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

impracticaldogg
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Seem to have found the problem. Two of the files copied from the external HDD were unreadable, and could not be deleted. Unselecting the folder for sync did not go through 100% because those two files would not budge.

Could not delete the files under Windows, but it is a dual-boot system so I used Ubuntu to force the deletion. The really weird thing is that the original files on the external HDD are readable under both Windows and Ubuntu

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

impracticaldogg
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Seem to have found the problem. Two of the files copied from the external HDD were unreadable, and could not be deleted. Unselecting the folder for sync did not go through 100% because those two files would not budge.

Could not delete the files under Windows, but it is a dual-boot system so I used Ubuntu to force the deletion. The really weird thing is that the original files on the external HDD are readable under both Windows and Ubuntu

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

impracticaldogg Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?