cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading files that are Available Offline on my Mac

Downloading files that are Available Offline on my Mac

thenaesgould
Explorer | Level 3

I've been moving a few things around on my MacBook, and temporarily got rid of a large folder with many files that I keep offline. Now trying to re-download it to make it local again, I change the folders to Make Available Offline, they get the green tick, but the cloud icon remains and they don't download. How can I actually download them locally again?

I have reinstalled Dropbox as part of what I was doing, but I have given it permission again for Full Disc Access and Accessibility, is there something else I'm missing?

When I've done this previously, the bottom of Dropbox says "Downloaidn 20,000 files" or whatever ... now it just says "Your files are up to date" and does nothing 😞

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see you're having trouble with this, @thenaesgould.

If you select the files in the folders and then right-click and choose the "make available offline" option, does that help?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?