cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not Compatible with Windows 11 - Cannot Share via Outlook

Dropbox Not Compatible with Windows 11 - Cannot Share via Outlook

keanaflanders
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When I select a file in Dropbox and click "Share" at the very top, it does not sync with my Microsoft Outlook for some reason. I would like to send files via email that way rather than having to manually create an email and then find and attach the document, but whenever I click "Share", the window pops up like I don't have a Windows account and that I am not already logged in (I am). I have been told by our IT folks that Dropbox is not compatible with Windows 11....but I wanted to see if anyone knew of a workaround or if I am overlooking something that could get this to work. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

keanaflanders
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Megan, I am on the desktop app but I have actually just figured out the issue myself. It turns out that I had to configure my email account as if I were configuring a new account on an iPhone, it was throwing me off because it kept saying "Create New Account" and I thought I had linked it previously when I downloaded the Dropbox app onto the computer. Thank you for your help! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @keanaflanders, let's jump right into this! 

It's not entirely clear to me which platform you're using when this happens. Are you on the desktop app, or website when trying to do this?

Also, could you send me a couple of screenshots of what you described above, in order for me to have visual?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

keanaflanders
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Megan, I am on the desktop app but I have actually just figured out the issue myself. It turns out that I had to configure my email account as if I were configuring a new account on an iPhone, it was throwing me off because it kept saying "Create New Account" and I thought I had linked it previously when I downloaded the Dropbox app onto the computer. Thank you for your help! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

keanaflanders Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?