cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox files on PC are not showing up on the Dropbox website

Dropbox files on PC are not showing up on the Dropbox website

schmidtsp
Explorer | Level 3

I recently had to re-install Windows 10. I re-installed Dropbox using the install function from the Drobbox website. What shows in the Dropbox folder on my computer does not match what shows on the website. There are several important things I saved to Dropbox on my computer that are not showing on the Dropbox website and thus are not showing on my labtop. How do I fix this and not lose the new information that I "entered" on the computer?

16 Replies 16

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Larry Placido!

Your desktop might be having enough space, it's your Dropbox account that doesn't have the space to sync the changes. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Corina_
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning,

I used three devices with my account, a phone, a pc and internet where I manged my files.

Once that I uploaded something from the pc or even the web site it seemed to upgrade also in the other devices, so I had all my files together and a modify could be applied to the file in every station.

But last thursday I uploaded some files from the pc but the never appeared online and I don't have them any more.

How can I have my files back? They were copied in the app on the pc but the other times it was syncronized with other station and this time it didn't work.

Please help me, were important documents that I don't have anywhere now.

If I upgrade my profile can I have them back?

I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advice.

Corina

Rich
Super User II

@Corina_ wrote:

... I uploaded some files from the pc but the never appeared online and I don't have them any more. How can I have my files back?

You placed the files in the local Dropbox folder so they would sync, but you don't see them online? If so, that likely means they haven't synced and would still be located in the Dropbox folder on the PC. Check the sync status on the PC by hovering your cursor over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (near the date/time).

Corina_
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Rich!
Yes I think they didn’t sync and wasn’t the first time happening, but I don’t have access on that local pc any more and I’ve deleted the station for that reason.
There is some possibility to find them anyway?
I thought I would have found them online as always but this didn’t happen this time.
If I update my account there is the possibility I can find them and restore ore something like that?

Rich
Super User II

@Corina_ wrote:
I think they didn’t sync ... There is some possibility to find them anyway?

If the files hadn't synced, there's no way for Dropbox to recover them as they would have never made it to the Dropbox servers? The only way to recover them would be to go back to the PC where they were located, assuming they weren't deleted.

Corina_
Explorer | Level 3
Hi,
yes but the server showed that it was synchronized, there is some possibility the files are on the cloud and I can’t see them? And the support can help to find them?

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Corina - sorry to hear about your missing files.

If you don't see any signs of them in your events page, it means that they never made them to our servers so it would be impossible for us to help restore them. 

I hope this clarifies matters! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Corina_ Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?