cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not syncing with iMac.

Dropbox not syncing with iMac.

Myrna1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I copy edit a newsletter six times annually and have always found the interface between Dropbox and my IMac 17,1 challenging and, well, clunky. Now, however, I have no access either to the current files or to the rest of the team. Apple tech support indicates that my computer is fine, although I know that others have faced issues after installing the new MAC OS, Monterey 12.6.3.  I have followed the help center steps available on Dropbox, but the situation is unchanged.

I am incredibly frustrated, including with the inability to access any tech support from Dropbox, but am hoping there will be someone in the community who can help. Please! I will be grateful for any help you can give.

P.S. I have no idea if the label I selected is the right one. Guess I need help there, too!

I copy edit a neighborhood newsletter 6 times annually and have always found the interface between my iMac 17,1 and Dropbox to be challenging. Now, however, none of the current files I need or access to the newsletter team are available to me. I understand that the new version of the Mac operating system, Monterey 12.6.3 may have complicated an already challenging situation and have taken the steps suggested in the Dropbox help center, but there has been no change. Apple tech support indicates that the problem is not with my computer. I am incredibly frustrated, including with not being able to access tech support from Dropbox, and hope someone out there can help. Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Myrna1, thank you for reaching back to us, I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Is it possible that your app is connected to a different Dropbox account, than the one you used when editing the content? 

You can check the app's preferences, then under Account, in order to see the email address linked to it. If I were you, I'd also use the events page, just to check what had last happened to the account. 

That'll help you get an idea as to when the content was added, or deleted. The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

You also mentioned that you're all using separate Dropbox accounts, therefore you wouldn't need for the team leader to contact our Team, could also contact our Support, if you're on a paid plan. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Myrna1, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned that the files you need aren't available to you, but we don't have much info on our end about this. Can you elaborate a bit? 

Is the Dropbox app up and running, and if so, what is the current syncing status of the app? If you open your Dropbox folder locally, are you able to locate your files? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Myrna1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

I have no current files. The only files available to me are for past issues. It also does not link me to other members of the team.

I don't know what you mean by the "current syncing status," but am guessing that Dropbox is not syncing with my IMac.

I'm sorry that I can't provide more information!

Myrna

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Myrna1, can you try to do a quick re-install, using this link? 

As for the app's syncing status, we need to check if it's up to date. You can click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar, next to your WiFI. The sync status will display at the bottom of the window that appears. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Myrna1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

I used the link, but it looks the same.  The sync status says my files are up to date, but there is nothing from 2023.  I hope we can figure it out! Thanks for your suggestions.

Myrna

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Myrna1, when was the last time you added files into your Dropbox folder on your computer directly?

If you add a file there now, does it appear on the Dropbox site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Myrna1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

I never add files. I work only on files added by the editor. These, however, haven't appeared since I updated the OS on my Mac to Monterey 12.6.3.  In addition, there is no indication of our team -- just me. Hope you can help.  

This might require contact with the tech people at Dropbox, but only our "team leader" can request that. Since we're just a neighborhood newsletter, we each have separate Dropbox memberships. Any idea about how to follow up on that problem?

Myrna

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Myrna1, thank you for reaching back to us, I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Is it possible that your app is connected to a different Dropbox account, than the one you used when editing the content? 

You can check the app's preferences, then under Account, in order to see the email address linked to it. If I were you, I'd also use the events page, just to check what had last happened to the account. 

That'll help you get an idea as to when the content was added, or deleted. The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

You also mentioned that you're all using separate Dropbox accounts, therefore you wouldn't need for the team leader to contact our Team, could also contact our Support, if you're on a paid plan. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Myrna1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I was able to access the new files yesterday, so--for now--all is well. Thank you!

Myrna

Marcos12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem, My dropbox in my iMac can't synchronized.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Marcos12 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?