cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox very delayed sync

Dropbox very delayed sync

Neal M.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi...we've been having fairly severe sync issues today. 

We first noticed them on text files that were changed on Linux.  The files seem to eventually sync randomly many minutes later (if at all) to other platforms.  (We're trying to limit changes to the files to only one platform now so we don't end up with orphans, but this is greatly hindering work.)

We've tried restarting the Dropbox client, having users log off and on, etc., but it appears to be a problem on the Dropbox cloud end.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neal M.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

As of today, Linux sync is working normally again 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There are currently no issues with the Dropbox service. There was a performance issue earlier today that would have impacted syncing for some people, but that was resolved and is no longer a problem.

Are the issues you're experiencing happening now, still, or was this something you saw earlier in the day?

chirvasitua
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I believe this might be related to the issue I posted earlier at

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Dropbox-on-Linux-has-stopped-working/m-p/247449#...

It is ongoing for me: no end in sight for the syncing, spinning blue wheel, caused by the erasure of a single test empty file.

Neal M.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks very much Rich. As of a half hour ago the problems were still occurring.

Neal M.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
We would like to second @chirvasitua's post. The included link accurately describes the symptoms we are seeing

AntonioM
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Neal M.6 wrote:

Hi...we've been having fairly severe sync issues today. 

We first noticed them on text files that were changed on Linux.  The files seem to eventually sync randomly many minutes later (if at all) to other platforms.  (We're trying to limit changes to the files to only one platform now so we don't end up with orphans, but this is greatly hindering work.)

We've tried restarting the Dropbox client, having users log off and on, etc., but it appears to be a problem on the Dropbox cloud end.

I´m in the same situation. Now, at 0:50m in Spain,  sync is very very slow. I've restarted all the computers and the problem persists

Neal M.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

As of today, Linux sync is working normally again 🙂

cavega
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I still have 11 more days of the Dropbox Plus trial and just last night experienced delays in the sync. Specifically, created a new folder and uploaded a ~700MB file on my iPad. Once the app gave me confirmation that the file was uploaded I would hit refresh on my Android devices (2 different brands) and would not even see the new empty folder. It took at last a few minutes for the uploaded file to eventually show on the Android devices. I even force-stopped and clear cache in the Android Dropbox app and that would not fix the issue. This is not the first time that this sync delay has happened during my trail period so I'm kinda hesitant to commit to the Plus subscription.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @cavega, what version of the Dropbox mobile app are you running on both your devices?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cavega
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On my iPad running iOS 15.6.1 I have version 302.2 and on my Android 12n devices I have a Google Pixel 3 and Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 I'm running version 304.1.4 via the beta channel. The upload from the iPad device took a few minutes to show up on Dropbox's Android app.

Need more support?