cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I receive files directly into my Dropbox account?

How can I receive files directly into my Dropbox account?

ZHpike0478
New member | Level 2

Here is the situation:
I am starting a marketplace where vendors can upload their digital art and sell it via my website. The issue is, the space on my web hosting plan will not come close to the needed space. 

I would like the vendors to be able to upload directly to a predetermained folder on my Dropbox Business account. I know something like this can be done, but I am having trouble figuring out how to do it.

I am using OpenCart 3.0.2.0 as my shopping cart software.

Please help!!!

10 Replies 10

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ZHpike0478, thanks for reaching out to us!

The easiest way that you can receive files into specific folders within your Dropbox account would be through File requests.

I believe for your usage this would work best as you don't need to have a Dropbox account to upload to a File request link, so it would work nicely for your recipients and you.

You can even embed the link within your website and multiple users can use the same link. They won't be able to see what's already been uploaded, only what they're uploading at the time.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ZHpike0478
New member | Level 2

Would that work for the vendors uploading directly to the dropbox folder from their vendor dashboard?

vinceg
New member | Level 2

How can I invite others to upload files to my Dropbox account?

I'm new to this, so be kind....

vinceg

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @vinceg, I hope you're well today!

I've just moved your post here as you have a very similar question to the OP.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can use file request links to receive files directly to your Dropbox account without the recipient needing an account of their own.

You can check out more info on creating and using file requests from here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ninadaycasting
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there is a way to create a folder where other people are able to upload files without being able to see the other files and uploads in the folder. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @ninadaycasting, thanks for reaching out to us. 

You can receive files from other users without them having access to the rest of the folder contents by using file requests

I've moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar concern, so have a look around and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

R0adster
New member | Level 2
My wife and I recently got married and are looking to create a montage video with all the guests pictures and videos. We thought sharing a drop box link would be a great way for people to upload the pictures and vids off their phones. We did a test b/n her and I and found that when she sent me the link via email- there was no where for me to add any content. We want to use the web version cause not everybody will have the app on their phone. Is there a way that you can have anyone add files to a drop box link? Not just the ones added to share?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @R0adster, I hope you're well today!

Could you clarify for me, did you create a shared link to a folder in your account, or did you create a file request?

For what you mentioned, a file request would be the best way to have others add files into a specific folder in your Dropbox account, without needing an account of their own.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

David Sonnier
New member | Level 2

New to dropbox. How do people send files from their computers into my dropbox?  Is there an email associated with the account that would do this?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    David Sonnier New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    R0adster New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?