cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: STOP UPLOAD

How can I stop an upload?

kdwpilgrim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Surely it is possible to cancel an upload in process. Why can't you tell me how to do that?>?>?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Simply close Dropbox, or, move the files out of the Dropbox folder on your computer.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is a cancel option.

Click View detailsClick View detailsClick the XClick the XCanceledCanceled

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
We need more info.... on what device?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kdwpilgrim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am uploading directly to the web using my windows computer. I have tried everything I can to find some kind of abort or cancel button. This is not being synced at this time.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Simply close Dropbox, or, move the files out of the Dropbox folder on your computer.

hannaH5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. Uploading from external drive on Mac laptop. This is a new issue since the new version came out.

There used be an "X" next to file name so I could stop an upload.  

Exiting out of Dropbox isn't a viable option especially if I am atttempting to upload say 12 files at once, and realize I am trying to upload just one incorrect file. Exiting will stop all activity.  Help please:)

kdwpilgrim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I eventually had to just close Dropbox. Seems like a ham-handed way to stop an upload. I noted someone else has the same problem. I too had other files in the queue. This method of stopping an upload is similar to doing Ctrl-Alt-Del to turn off your computer...

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hannah - for the website there is no way to stop uploads. The website is designed as a stopgap for when you are not at your computer with dropbox installed.

kdwpilgrim - dont use the website then, use the desktop software as suggested. All you then do is move the files out of the Dropbox folder.
www.dropbox.com/downloading

kdwpilgrim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Okay.
Just so you know, I think still it is a flaw that there is no "cancel" option.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Why not feature request a change then?
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

🙂

kdwpilgrim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks for telling me how to request a change! I have just done that.
Need more support?