cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we have people upload files to a folder in Dropbox?

How can we have people upload files to a folder in Dropbox?

sjeve411
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Our Homeschooling Co-Op has a dropbox page with files for pictures. There has been a link put into our weekly announcement emails for people to put pictures into the Co-Op picture files for others to see. This doesn't seem to be working the way that we thought it would. It seems that we are unable to upload pictures into the files. I was able to upload some to a file of which I was personally invited to use. Do we have to personally invite everyone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@sjeve411  wrote:

There has been a link put into our weekly announcement emails for people to put pictures into the Co-Op picture files for others to see. This doesn't seem to be working the way that we thought it would. It seems that we are unable to upload pictures into the files.

A shared link is a view/download only method of sharing. People with the link can view and/or download the files, but they can't upload. A shared folder or shared file is one where you've explicitly invited specific people to have access and, depending on the permissions you gave them, would allow them to edit/upload.

If you just need people to be able to upload to your directly, without needing a Dropbox account of their own, send them a File Request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@sjeve411  wrote:

There has been a link put into our weekly announcement emails for people to put pictures into the Co-Op picture files for others to see. This doesn't seem to be working the way that we thought it would. It seems that we are unable to upload pictures into the files.

A shared link is a view/download only method of sharing. People with the link can view and/or download the files, but they can't upload. A shared folder or shared file is one where you've explicitly invited specific people to have access and, depending on the permissions you gave them, would allow them to edit/upload.

If you just need people to be able to upload to your directly, without needing a Dropbox account of their own, send them a File Request.

sjeve411
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I understand now! Thank you!!!

miamaria117
Explorer | Level 3

I want someone to upload to my drop box that I do not want to give access to information in the box.    When I go to "request file"  there is a blank page and no form to fill out to request file from 3rd party.  Can you tell me how to get the file uploaded to my drop box without thew sender having access to materials in the drop box.  thank you

Rich
Super User II

@miamaria117 wrote:

Can you tell me how to get the file uploaded to my drop box without thew sender having access to materials in the drop box.

You need to use the File Request feature.

If the page is blank for you, clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser. If you continue to have a problem, try it in an Incognito/private browsing session with all extensions disabled.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    miamaria117 Explorer | Level 3
    sjeve411 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?