cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share content as write Only (not read) where people can upload content into a shared folder?

How to share content as write Only (not read) where people can upload content into a shared folder?

Philip9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm hoping to set up a shared folder that allows write, but not read access.

Brief background: I want to collect photos from a large group of people. While everyone should be able to upload theirs to the shared folder, they shouldn't be able to see anything that'd been uploaded (including their own). Basically, a drop box where you drop files but once they're in, you can't see them anymore. I know this is an option in MacOS (where it is literally called 'Write only (Drop Box)') and I'm wondering if Dropbox sharing offers a similar feature.

Happy to upgrade if that's what's needed to make this work.

Thanks everyone!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Philip9 wrote:

I want to collect photos from a large group of people. While everyone should be able to upload theirs to the shared folder, they shouldn't be able to see anything that'd been uploaded (including their own).

The feature you're looking for is called a file request.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Philip9 wrote:

I want to collect photos from a large group of people. While everyone should be able to upload theirs to the shared folder, they shouldn't be able to see anything that'd been uploaded (including their own).

The feature you're looking for is called a file request.

Philip9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks so much!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Philip9 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?