cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have an xml file which i share with my own smart TV app, but it doesn't work.

I have an xml file which i share with my own smart TV app, but it doesn't work.

deco10
Helpful | Level 6

I have an xml file which i share to my own smart tv app. It has worked several years and suddenly today it doesn't work anymore. I did contact the support but they wanted me try here.. My question is, is it any problems with rendering? raw=1

It was gor some couple of years ago buy they fixed it. What's cha3from yesterday to today??...

25 Replies 25

lisadbx
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

https://dl.dropboxusercontent/scl/fi/<token.a>/filename.xml?rlkey=<token.b> should not have any redirects. Could you try it with "" around the URL, in case it's not handling some special characters

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@lisadbx
That url is downloading the file...

Why can you not see what changes you made before this occurred? I have used raw=1 until this problem occurred.. 

tahjdbx
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you try using the https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/RANDOM_STRING/FILENAME.xml?rlkey=RANDOM_STRING_for_rlkey&dl=0 format link but in the sharing settings setting it to public(if you're ok with this being a publicy shareable link). This should allow the page to render without prompting a log in. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@tahjdbx, As seems you're totally out of topic. 🤷

The issue is not that some prompt that invites for authorization comes up! The complain is about fact that is needed a link without redirect and a way to avoid 'attachment' directive in the header - something that seems missing for no redirect links while available for redirect links only. I still don't understand why at all such thing would be need, but it's matter of different topic.

Dropbox decides alone what type of directive to set on non redirect link. While for an image, for instance, is a header like:

content-disposition: inline; filename=...

... but for XML file it looks like:

content-disposition: attachment; filename=...

... and there is no way this to be changed (as far as I know) for such types of links. That's it.

Maybe the solution would be both 'attachment' and 'inline' to be dropped completely from such types of links (only filename to stay) or parameters 'raw' and 'dl' to keep matter (not to be ignored, as they are now).

Hope this clarifies the matter of issue. 😉

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I have put the xml in "the tv" instead to point to the Dropbox folder. I see that the logos, jpg, is showing fine and they are using the old structure and with raw=1..i have copied the jpg:s url and tried in webbrowser.. It's redirecting as the xml file but somehow jpeg is working.. Noticed this is the same "cd/0/inline" for both files but when redirecting. I don't understand why jpeg is working but not xml files

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It works somehow now 😂.. I haven't done anything. And i use raw=1..its redirecting as before but now it works..
Need more support?