cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: keep getting error message when uploading an mp3

I keep getting error message when uploading an mp3.

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

keep getting error message when uploading an mp3

28 Replies 28

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

I got the error when uploading one of the mp3 I tried it both on google chrome and then on firefox on my desktop

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

this is what I currently have as extensions. I do use on google chrome.. yet both firefox and chrome gave the same issue. So not getting browser issue unless I am not understanding since both had the issue
extensions.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @angelsmessenger, can you test this with other files, to see if they give you an issue too?

And regarding the extensions, I would suggest disabling them, to see if that fixes the issue.

If it does, try re-enabling them one at a time, until you're not able to upload the file, to see which one is causing the issue.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

I don't have them on firefox when I attempted to do it there and it gave same error. I will see about another file upload 

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

I attempted to upload 4 minute and it did the same thing

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

did it with extensions off and it did it again 3/4 of the way complete with a 4 minute upload.. it just doesn't like desktop uploading hahahah

Mark
Super User II

@angelsmessenger wrote:

appreciate the care and love. since this issue occurred last year with many.. could it be on your end?

As you are only person reporting it (unlike last year when lots, and lots, and lots did), no it isnt a Dropbox issue unfortunately. 

Its almost certainly something linked to the profile/setup you are using. 

Do you have anything like Little Snitch on your machine? That is known to cause issues. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

no

angelsmessenger
Helpful | Level 5

I am grateful I was able to upload it on the App on my ipad.. so that is something 

Need more support?