cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: i lost everything after sing in by mistake again my usual account

I lost everything after sing in by mistake again my usual account

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

When opening a shared link, dropbox asked me to Sing in and without realizing it I went ahead with my existing credentials and when dropbox went ahead my account was completely new, without any files, as if it had never existed. Now I lost my files and shares. How can Dropbox let me create a new account with the same email and everything like this?

I want to recover my account and shared files and i dont know what to do. I cant open the share links in my email.. it gives me a error..

13 Replies 13

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

I only have my work email (the one that we created the dropbox account), i search "dropbox" on mu email search and i get the firsts emails (when my coworker share the work folders) and the news ones, like i was a new account.. i dont understand what happened. it is a chance to have 2 types of accounts? like, normal account and team account?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, Andreia.

The only thing I can think of is that you created a new Dropbox account under your work email.

If you were asked to provide an email address, password, first and last name, these would be the steps to create a new Dropbox account.

You can indeed have two types of accounts (personal ones and team/work ones), but each account can only be associated with one email address.

Do you see anything related to your own files when you go to your events page?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

Thats what i didnt understand, because, i now after that was a sing in and not log in but how could dropbox let me enter with a already existed email. 

When i go to the events i dont have nothing there. Actually i dont have nothing nowhere!

Thank you for trying to help me!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

If you see nothing when visiting your events page, then it's almost certainly a new account @Andreia Pinoia.

What you have to do on your end, is locate the email address that could be linked to your old Dropbox account, since we can't really help with that. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?