cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Essentials to Business and there's issues syncing

Upgraded from Essentials to Business and there's issues syncing

Trishalinn
Explorer | Level 3

I upgraded from Essentials to Business, not because I need more users but because I need more space for my projects. Since I upgraded it BOTH of my computers are messed up. I tried getting help via chat for both problems and they couldn't help and they escalated my problem. So far they have only had me repeat steps that were done via chat. It's taken nearly 24 hours for support to get back to me each time and my projects are at a standstill. That's why I'm coming here for help, to see if anyone else has encountered these issues and if they were able to resolve them. 

Computer 1 — After upgrading EVERYTHING from my desktop was removed. It's still saved in dropbox, so it's not completely gone, but I'm not able to create any new folders or put anything on my desktop at all. 

Computer 2 (the bigger problem because it's not allowing me to complete work that needs to be done) — there is NOTHING at all showing up in dropbox desktop app on my computer. Everything is just gone. 

Any recommendations? 

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Trishalinn, thanks for providing these details.

As you're already in communication with the support team, they would be better placed to help answer your questions.

Since they have access to your account and device details they can provide more specific support. The information we can provide over the community would be more general information. 

I'll leave this post open for other users to contribute their suggestions.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?