cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join a Dropbox Business team

Join a Dropbox Business team

Osama Zulqarnain
Explorer | Level 3

Hey there, A premium member of dropbox has invited me to access the dropbox folder. Once I accept the invite to join the folder the page redricts me to buy the premium plan. How to get this resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

@Osama Zulqarnain wrote:

They have shared a link with me to access their folder and have granted me editor access. But once I open the link and accept the invite to join folder it redirects me to the buy premium.

That basically means the folder is too large for your account. They haven't asked you to join their team (as that would take a paid licence up from them) they've instead just asked you to share a folder with them. However, shared folders use up the quotas of EVERYBODY in it - so to access it you need enough space on your account to do so. If you don't have that you will need to upgrade. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting here, @Osama Zulqarnain!

When saying you're being asked to buy a premium plan, you mean that you're being prompted to join their team (as mentioned in the title), correct?

Also, by Dropbox folder, are you referring to a specific folder of their own account they wish to share with you, or do they want you to have access to all of their Business files/folders?

For example, if you want to add a specific shared folder to your Dropbox account, without becoming a member of their Business team, you can ask them to share it externally instead. This, however, requires that you also have enough space on your Dropbox account to add this folder.

Another option is to ask the sender to share a link with you, so that you don't join the team.

Let me know if you need further help. though.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Osama Zulqarnain
Explorer | Level 3

They have shared a link with me to access their folder and have granted me editor access. But once I open the link and accept the invite to join folder it redirects me to the buy premium.

Mark
Super User II

@Osama Zulqarnain wrote:

That basically means the folder is too large for your account. They haven't asked you to join their team (as that would take a paid licence up from them) they've instead just asked you to share a folder with them. However, shared folders use up the quotas of EVERYBODY in it - so to access it you need enough space on your account to do so. If you don't have that you will need to upgrade. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Osama Zulqarnain Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?