cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing "Copy Dropbox link"

Missing "Copy Dropbox link"

DeeLT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to share some files but when I right click the file in Windows Explorer there is no "Copy Dropbox link" option.  The dropbox icon is showing in my system tray and I have restarted.  Any ideas how to fix this?  A restart has fixed it in the past, but not today

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPehk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey, 

FYI, I fixed this issue by unlinking my computer and relinking it.

I'm using Windows 7. Reinstalling Dropbox didn't have any effect.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi DeeLT

Could you try a reinstall and make sure while doing it that Dropbox gets given all the permissions it needs? www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

epage722
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue on a win 10 pc. Windows explorer no longer displays the dropbox icon or the or the options to share, copy link or view on dropbox when you right click files or folders in dropbox. I assume this is a registry issue, which setting control this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled dropox, that did not resolve the issue.

Dropbox Version 31.3.18

Dropbox is running

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @epage722, firstly, it looks like you're running the beta version of the app.

Our first step would be to downgrade you to the stable build to ensure this isn't due to that reason.

Please login to the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/account

Once there, uncheck the "Include me in early releases" button. This will keep your account on the stable build.

Now, simply redownload the app here, and let me know if the issue persists.

@DeeLT, check the same steps as above.

If that doesn't help, please ensure that you can see the syncing icons in the Dropbox folder. If you can't see any, this means either it isn't the Dropbox folder or the desktop app isn't working as it should. In both cases, the Copy Dropbox Link context menu won't appear.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

epage722
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Downloaded and installed version 30.4.22, the drop box icon on the bottom right of the screen shows syncing. Windows explorer still does not show the dropbox options when right clicking a dropbox folder or dropbox file. The win7 pro pc running dropbox 31.3.18 works fine.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update. 

In the Dropbox folder, can you see the syncing icons on the files and folders, they should be mostly green ticks with perhaps one or two blue arrows for the syncing files?

In Windows, please also ensure that you're not accessing the Dropbox folder via the 'Quick Access' or 'Favorites' on the left.

Instead navigate to the specific Dropbox folder with the Dropbox 'box' and look to see if there is any option from within that folder structure.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

epage722
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox is syncing, got the 2 white arrows and mouse-over shows indexing and # of files. Right clisk on the dropbox icon shows syncing and number of files remaining.

To access the dropbox folder in windows explorer, I and traversing from c:/ to the target dropbox folders.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Just to confirm, in the Dropbox folder, you do see the sync icons on all files and folders, correct?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

epage722
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

No, I do not see the sync icon on files and folders on the win10 PC. I also don't see them on the Win7 PC which does work ok.

The sync icons are visable on a MAC though.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We just tested it on our devices here. The only two possibilities for the context menu to not appear is if we're not looking in the Dropbox folder, or if the Dropbox desktop application isn't running (or working as it should).

As you've mentioned that both are not true, we'll need you to write in to our support team to investigate further. You can write a ticket directly here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

In your ticket, make sure to link the forum thread URL so we have a full history of what has already been tried.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?