cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Help us get a better understanding of what this Community means to you by taking our quick survey over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: New Dropbox Paper update (8th September, 2021)

New Dropbox Paper update (8th September, 2021)

MaximusMercurius
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I wanted to send a message to the developer team, privately, to give some constructive feedback, but there seemed to be no way to do this so I suppose I will have to mention it in front of the whole community, rather than be discreet about it, as I had hoped to be able to do.

I use DropBox paper, every day, as an alternative to Google Docs, since I was unable to get into Google Docs numerous times as it went down, lost everything, and it's spell checker plays up (on some accounts, not others). I'm not a developer, I'm a master's degree student (classical studies) and haven't been a programmer since the late '90s, when I studied it at college.

I liked some of the updates on Drop Box paper, it's been getting better (such as Dark Mode). Then, this morning I wake up to keep writing my final dissertation and all of the files on the left hand side have crap looking grey slide-bars, which look very unprofessional (unlike say, Scrivvner, for instance) just in case you can't remember what a file was despite the fact you can still see the first two dozen characters. Hints look better. It just looks garish and amateur-ish. I feel ashamed to use it. If anyone else looks on-screen it just looks awful.

Maximus Mercurius.

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @MaximusMercurius - thanks for using Paper and dropping by our Community to share your thoughts on this.

I just wanted to mention that your feedback has been recorded in our system for the team's consideration. 

Let us know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

MaximusMercurius
Explorer | Level 4

@Walter Thank you for your reply. Please know that I use DropBox Paper on a daily basis and have done since its inception. Its many improvements have not gone unnoticed and I consider it superior to Google Docs (especially for optimised rich text intended for html). It's easy to pick holes and many people (certainly where I work) often only remember things which could have been done better, hardly ever highlighting the myriad times when someone did things well and right. When first I noticed the ugly looking grey bars, I must have got out of the wrong side of bed because it irked me.

I would like to thank all the DropBox developer team a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year, sincerely.

Maxwell Lewis Latham M.A. (Hons.) Classical Studies.

Walter
Dropboxer

Don't worry about it @MaximusMercurius - we all have days like that.

The team and I would like like to thank you for your kind words and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy and productive New Year as well. 

See you around the Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?