cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finalizing taking forever

Finalizing taking forever

BobF1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Trying to upload a dng file that is about 90MB in size to my gallery - fter taking the 3 minutes indicated it has been 15 minutes with the screen saying 1 second left and "finalizing"...what is going on?Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 1.20.54 PM.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BobF1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you, actually, I did switch from Firefox to Safari and that worked...

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @BobF1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BobF1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you, actually, I did switch from Firefox to Safari and that worked...

sjatkins
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Asking user to switch browsers is BS.   It should work in all browsers.

rfugatti
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This problem has seriously gotten out of hand.

I can only upload via Firefox (not Safari) when I go through and clear my cache and history... then re-login... then its only the first file. Second file = back to never finalizing.

Quite a few folks have told me that they are done with Dropbox lately for this very reason. One good friend / colleague just decided its over with dropbox on a recent video project we were both working on while trying to share files. I too might be done. It sucks, because I have so much stuff uploaded and organized... it makes me ill to think of having to move elsewhere, but **bleep**... Dropbox you are famous for this crap at this point... why would you not address this issue?

My renewal is in August... although this site is barely usable now... if this issue hasn't been fixed by then I'm definitely gone

Traderm93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

For what it's worth... Just experienced the same issue with Firefox for large files. Dropbox works well in Firefox for small-medium sized files but for a few large zip files (compressed trading data - 970 MB, 1.5 GB), I am getting the prolonged "Finalizing..." problem. Per this thread, I tried in Chrome and it worked fine.

Kind regards,

Matt

willc1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem. I shouldn't have to switch browsers. I use Firefox for a reason. Dropbox, please fix this issue.

Juan G.21
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the same problem now. It takes hours for a 5 minute upload to "finalize".

However, I just recently switched to Firefox because of Dropbox problems with Chrome!

So should I switch browsers yet again?

If I keep switching from browser to browser, will Dropbox eventually work correctly?

I don't think so. Instead I am going to switch to a new storage site. Easy decision.

Demis J.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

How do you get DBox to work properly with firefox?  You mentioned private mode, extensions etc - what is the cause and how can you make FF work properly?  I don't want to have ot remember to switch browsers just for this task, as I run into this every week.

-- Demis

Demis J.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Currently about 50% of the time it works, sometimes after 1 hr it's still "finalizing" and I have to Refresh and re-do the upload, after which it uploads fine.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

huyness Collaborator | Level 9
    BobF1 Helpful | Level 6
    toosphexy Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?