cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my devices isn't showing changes to files to other devices or on dropbox online

One of my devices isn't showing changes to files to other devices or on dropbox online

spiritofhorse
Explorer | Level 4

Recently, when I edit or create new files in dropbox on my laptop which is connected via wireless internet. The documents don't appear on Dropbox online or in my other dropbox accounts. It used to work fine. I have had issues with the internet connection timing out sometimes, but it is working fine now.

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @spiritofhorse,

First of all make sure your Dropbox application is running. Even when everything else is fine, your files will get in sync after your application starts if it's not now!

Next, make sure you have linked your application to correct account (not some other or just created one). If you have used different credentials/accounts on different devices, you cannot rely on the same content of course. Check what email is associated to the account on your laptop (Dropbox Preferences -> Account tab -> Account). Make sure (no just supposing) you use the same email (and associated password). If you found that emails are different, unlink (sign out) on your laptop (the same place in preferences - the button next to the email) and sign back using correct credentials.

Hope this helps.

spiritofhorse
Explorer | Level 4

thank you, how do I make sure dropbox is running? I usually access files via Windows Explorer. If I got to my laptop menu and open the dropbox program it goes to the windows explorer page like screenshot

spiritofhorse_0-1674170241169.png

I think I figured it out. The laptop Microsoft login is always timing out and is in my husband's name. When I logged in again it looks like the folders synced. So I'll make sure to login daily as I often don't see the indication the login has failed.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @spiritofhorse, I'm glad you were able to resolve this on your end.

You can always have a look at this Help Center article, if you ever come across any syncing problems. 

Have a lovely weekend ahead,enjoy!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

spiritofhorse
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Megan,

Thank you, for now syncing appears to be working but it is intermittent. My laptop is under the username of my husband, so I wonder if that is the issue?

Thanks

Kim McElroy

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @spiritofhorse, is the laptop connected to the internet constantly, and the Dropbox desktop application running, in order for files to sync immediately when changes are detected?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    spiritofhorse Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?