cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

duanstokes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There's a lot of posts about possible issues with OS X High Sierra and Smart Sync. 

We use dropbox a lot and have only recently enabled Smart Sync for all users in the team. Can someone from Dropbox confirm what the status of Smart Sync with 10.13 is, we can't upgrade our system software unless Dropbox will work... 

Cheers

Duan

69 Replies 69

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well.

I’d like to make sure that we’re on the same page about the version of our app that you’re using. There currently isn’t a version 43.4.52, that I’m aware of. Did you perhaps mean 44.3.52? If this is is the case, then I suggest that you try our current stable release,
43.4.50, as issues like the one you’re describing can occur with betas. 

A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our latest stable build. 

Let us know how it goes, and we can put you in touch with our support team if necessary. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

jcourtneycozero
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, apologies.

Dropbox v44.3.52.

sampsen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. High Sierra 10.13.3 and Dropbox 42.4.50 won't allow me to enable smart sync. My Dropbox for Business account has over 25TB of data. I CAN'T sync that much data and Selective Sync is way too cumbersome with this much info. 

We need a fix for this now.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping us in the loop here jcourtneycozero. As we’d really like to help you over on this matter, could you see if this persists with the Stable Build as well?

- @sampsen: Assuming that you’ve already enrolled in the feature on the Admin console, you could also make sure that it’s the default option. From there, right afterwards it’s advisable to reboot your device once, so as to reload all visual elements. Does that give you the option to allow System extensions? 

Let us know how these steps work for you here!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ibizwu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It honeslty seems like Dropbox either does not realize there is an issue or does not know how to fix it. If you're developers are working on it you should just let folks know they are actively working it and provide frequent updates. I have a ticket open and they seem to ask the same questions and do the same steps to troubleshoot. It's very frustrating. I've never really had issues with Dropbox before until now. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey ibizwu, let me explain in more detail below! 

You may keep in mind that Ross S. (who’s a top-level technician) has already commented that we’re actively investigating (it’s on the third page on the this thread) & we’re currently collecting all relevant cases via our Official Support Channel, so as to examine the possible causes of the behavior.

That being said, when it comes to the troubleshooting performed via email, our team has to ensure that all relevant settings are applied correctly before we send a request to a higher level of support. I understand that you may have to repeat some pieces of info, in order for our agent to make sure that they’re following the right path, though you could just confirm what you’ve already done on your end, in order to get going on the matter. Once you do, our colleague will cross-check the details on our tools and send over the most appropriate next steps. 

I hope this brings some more clarity on your inquiry & I’m always here to help speed-up the process. Thanks again to all for the patience & understanding! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ibizwu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok just to share some testing I've done. So, in my environemnt I believe I've narrowed the problem to AirWatch. An MDM solution. So, I imaged a fresh laptop with ONLY High Sierra. The first thing I do is install Dropbox. I'm able to see the "allow" extension option. I don't click it and restart the comptuer. Upon restarting I install and enroll the agent with AirWatch with nothing else. No profiles, settings, or anything. As soon as I do that, I'm no longer able to see the "allow" extension option. If I unenroll and restart the laptop, I can see it again. 

Now, i'm sure others are not using AirWatch but it could be other software that interferes with the Dropbox extension. I'm going to test other apps to see if I get the allow and see if it's just Dropbox or others apps as well. 

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again, @ibizwu

Thanks for sharing that. We look forward to hearing the results of your testing. Let us know when you have a chance. 

Have a great week ahead :wink:

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

G-Tech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello. I did not have the installation problems with the kernel extension. However, I have two Macs (MacBook Pro 2014, MacBook Air 2011) running 10.13.3, and both started having problems during sleep after I have added the smart sync feature: they crashed during sleep mode, (e.g. over night) and, after a reboot, displayed a macOS error message "sleep wake failure experienced a problem". On both Macs the problem disappeared after removing the Dropbox kernel extension in "/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/" (it was not easy getting rid of the extension...). 

Any ideas?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @G-Tech

This is something that we’ll need to have our team take a look at. Go ahead and submit a support ticket here so our team can troubleshoot further with you. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?