cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks automatic backups

Quickbooks automatic backups

GarrettPrinting
New member | Level 2

Hi! We are considering using Dropbox as a virtual computer and get rid of our ancient PC. We'll be working directly from Dropbox. Not sure what plan we need yet. We have 5 people total that will access the same files. Only one will be actually modifying the files on the fly (for graphics). One of the computers that will have access to the account will be used for Quickbooks backups. Not running the program from Dropbox, but just the automatic backups. Has anyone had experience with this and does it work seamlessly? Also, I see no need for a multiple user account unless someone has other info I should know. I've experienced using Dropbox Plus where I can sign in at the same time as the owner of the plan... is there a limit to how many can sign in at the same time? Thanks in advance for any info!

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@GarrettPrinting wrote:

I've experienced using Dropbox Plus where I can sign in at the same time as the owner of the plan... is there a limit to how many can sign in at the same time?

Dropbox accounts are intended for individuals and it's actually against the terms to have multiple people using the same account. It could result in the account being deleted. The proper way to do it is to have separate accounts for each person and use shared folders to collaborate on files. Each person would be limited to the space available i their own account.

Only Business accounts support multiple users and even then each person has their own team account that uses one of the available licenses on the business team, and has access to the storage available to the entire team.

GarrettPrinting
New member | Level 2

Ohhhh ok. I wasn't aware of that. I read that if you add more users than allotted, that is against policy, but didn't know I couldn't have more than one person log in under the same account, even if the folder is shared. Thanks for the info!

GarrettPrinting
New member | Level 2

Ok. So on the shared folder thing, anyone with a link can access that folder. If I have a folder of files, and want to share them with my coworkers, I can just send them a link, and they can access and view the files, yes? I guess I don't quite understand the difference between that and having to have your own user log in.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @GarrettPrinting, shared folders require users to have a Dropbox account of their own in order to access the files on the folder, and to edit them.

There are also shared links, which are read-only and can be accessed from the site. The files would reside on one account, which the user can edit, and the shared link can be viewed by anyone with the link, but those users can't edit the file.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    GarrettPrinting New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?