cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folder View Links stopped working

Shared Folder View Links stopped working

Andrew2023
New member | Level 2

Hello, I'm new to Dropbox so would appreciate your advice. I sell digital products on Etsy. I have a shared folder on Dropbox. Through Chrome browser, I open a folder, click share, click view, click copy the link. I add that link to a PDF that is uploaded to my Etsy shop. However, when I first switched from the free Dropbox account to the paid account, all my links stopped working! I also noticed that in my Macbook Finder, that all the folders seemed to have moved into a "shared workspace" folder. I have the solopreneur account for one solo business owner. I re-did all the sharing from every shared folder. However, I received a message about a major update for Apple computer users. I am concerned that if I go ahead with the Dropbox update, all my shared links will somehow no longer work. Why is this happening when I am creating the shared links right from within Dropbox through my Chrome browser? To me whatever the interface between Dropbox and macOS should not affect the functioning of my shared folder links.  Question: is it safe to install the Dropbox update or is there a chance my shared folder links will stop working (the urls, specifically).  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Andrew2023, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if your shared links are/were giving a specific error? If so, I'd appreciate a screenshot to have a visual too.

Also, when you say your folders were moved to 'shared workspace', could you send us a screenshot of how it looks on your end as this would make more sense for team accounts, rather than individual ones? 

When it comes to the MacOS update, you can have a look here to see more about the expected changes. 

I hope this helps a tad and please keep us posted, Andrew. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?