cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared folder never appeared to the other other account

Shared folder never appeared to the other other account

conchristodoulou
New member | Level 2

Hello Everyone,

i just shared a folder to an another account but the other account:

1. The e-mail sent to the other account had a different (old) name of the shared folder,
  2. The acceptance returns an error, so the folder never appeared to the other account
  3. me (as the administrator of the folder) cannot even remove the new account that i shared the folder with.

Does anyone has an idea how to deal with this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

conchristodoulou
New member | Level 2

Hello Mark,

thank you for your reply.

I tried several thing but i could do nothing, so i let it the way it was and after almost 8-10 hours it appeared on it's own. I really do not undestand what happened or what changed but now it is working properly.

Thank you again your your reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @conchristodoulou 

1) Shared folders will always keep the name it was initially given. There is no way to change that other than setting up a new share. Remember that people can rename and move it around as much as they'd like

2) What is the error?

3) Why not? What is it saying?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

conchristodoulou
New member | Level 2

Hello Mark,

thank you for your reply.

I tried several thing but i could do nothing, so i let it the way it was and after almost 8-10 hours it appeared on it's own. I really do not undestand what happened or what changed but now it is working properly.

Thank you again your your reply.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

conchristodoulou New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?