cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove all shared links

remove all shared links

k s.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, I have many links in the links-list. Way to many. I take it that the files linked are accessible for anyone with the link. I want all these links removed with one command. It is too many to do it manually for each one.
Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ProblemSolved
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please be careful as it will delete all your shared links! You have been warned! Works in Chrome (61.0.3163.100) maybe firefox and internet explorer but no links to test 😃 Open the browser's console window (right click anywhere and select inspect or control+shift+i) while in the shared links page. Paste the following code in the console command line, click enter and it will delete all shared links. 

Due to secure http loading jquery (as suggested by other post) does not work, so this option is fine with vanilla javascript. The script below simulates consecutive mouse clicks: 1. click the three dot button next to the link, 2. click the delete link button in the drop down, 3. click the delete link buttin in the pop up dialog box. Note that it will take a minute to execute all those but in the end the list shall be clear. Hope it save you some trouble... and again be careful

for( var index = 0; index < 1000; index++ )
{
   var dots = document.getElementById("bubbleDropdownTarget-" + index );
   if( dots == undefined ) continue;
   dots.click( );
   document.getElementsByClassName( "bubble-menu-item" )[0].click( );
   document.getElementsByClassName( "button-primary dbmodal-button" )[0].click( );
}

View solution in original post

45 Replies 45

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no such command. You need to delete them individually.

Koen R.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Would be nice. Can we add this as a feature request?

Clay J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yeah, especially with the screenshots uploading to Dropbox automatically in OSX I have thousands of links.  I want to save the images, but I want to remove all links.  After 10min of clicking Xs and confirmation dialogs I'm only through about 1 month's worth of links, there really needs to be an easier way.

Shane H.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why are these links being created? I never created thousands of links one-at-a-time, but now I can only delete them one-at-a-time? I must be missing something. Clearly there is a way to bulk create links, but no way to bulk delete them. That makes very little sense.

If Dropbox is unwilling to add a multi-select for the links, at least a universal "remove all links" feature is absolutely necessary. I am now stuck with thousands of links to content that should not be publicly available.

Francisco V.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Smart move by Dropbox, trying to monetize on all of us.. 

You let users upload files as easy as possible but make it extremely difficult to erase them...

"everybody's hustling for a buck and a dime" JL...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I never created thousands of links one-at-a-time, but now I can only delete them one-at-a-time?

Shane... The only way to create links is one at a time, manually. Links are not (and cannot) be created automatically without some input by you.

You let users upload files as easy as possible but make it extremely difficult to erase them...

Francisco... What, exactly, are you having a difficult time with? Deleting files is actually quite easy. Let us know the process you're using and what is difficult about it, and we'll try to help.

Francisco V.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can you show me a way to "select all" in here. I mean, is there a way to do so rather than erasing one file by one? Thxs

></p>

Clay J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich R., as you can see in his screenshot (and is my case as well) the Dropbox desktop client automatically uploads and shares all screenshots taken with CMD+Shift+4.  If you take lots of screenshort after a short time you end up with hundreds or thousands of individual links.  About the only way I can think of getting rid of them en masse is if you delete all the screenshots from Dropbox then the links would probably disappear.   My issue is that I don't want to delete all my screenshots, I just don't want them shared anymore.

Possible resolution:  Would moving the screenshots (like creating an "archive" folder within the screenshots folder and moving them in there) git rid of the links or do the links follow the files wherever they move within Dropbox?   Time to experiment.  It would resolve 99% of my issue, but, still, the easiest way would be simple multi-select checkboxes on that page.

Clay J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, it works.  I moved all my screenshots to a new folder called archive within screenshots and the links disappeared.  That helped a lot, now I only have like 30 non-screenshot shared links I can delete one at a time.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

James H.40 New member | Level 1
    Derek L.6 New member | Level 1
    Ben P.16 New member | Level 1
    Clément C. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?