cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing (I think) from Dropbox folder on my PC to my Dropbox web account

Syncing (I think) from Dropbox folder on my PC to my Dropbox web account

Bob22683
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I copy files from various folders on my desktop PC to the Dropbox folder on my PC. I thought that those files would "automatically" get uploaded somehow to my Dropbox web account, but they do not. How do I get those files to copy to my web account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bob22683 wrote:

I copy files from various folders on my desktop PC to the Dropbox folder on my PC. I thought that those files would "automatically" get uploaded somehow to my Dropbox web account, but they do not.

They should, as long as the Dropbox application is running and you're signed in to the same account you're using on the website.

Make sure the Dropbox application is running and check its status. If it's running, you'll see an icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). Hover your cursor over it to check its status.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bob22683 wrote:

I copy files from various folders on my desktop PC to the Dropbox folder on my PC. I thought that those files would "automatically" get uploaded somehow to my Dropbox web account, but they do not.

They should, as long as the Dropbox application is running and you're signed in to the same account you're using on the website.

Make sure the Dropbox application is running and check its status. If it's running, you'll see an icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). Hover your cursor over it to check its status.

Bob22683
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks. It wasn't running. I added it to my startup folder so I am good to go.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bob22683 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?