cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: syncing pc with Android? Please help. Don't know what I'm doing.

Syncing PC with Android? Please help. Don't know what I'm doing.

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I read everything about the pics that I uploaded to the Dropbox cloud from my PC and be able to see them using the Dropbox app I downloaded to my Android, but can't get anywhere. Does this sentence make sense?

23 Replies 23

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I have access to my pc. That's as far as I can get. Wish you'd fly over and fix it in about 5 minutes. I'd take you out for sushi. (I'd have to sell my car to do it).

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Marshal mellow, if I could fly over there and fix it, I'd be happy to, with or without sushi.

However, I can only guide you from here. You mentioned, that you only see some of the files, not all of them: can you clarify where it is that you're looking? 

Are you looking on the web, mobile app or desktop app? 

As for the re-install of the app, all you'd need to do is click here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading, download and install our desktop app. Once that's done, let me know the app's syncing status

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Before we go much further I saw something while I was fooling around with it on my PC. (I'm using the app). I'm out of space on Dropbox. Could that be what's causing all my troubles?

Now I'm really in trouble. Now on my phone Dropbox wants me to pay 1600 yen a month which I certainly can't do. I'm stuck at that screen. I don't understand this cloud thing at all. I thought that all of my photos were out there floating in space and all I had to do was connect with the cloud and I could see them. They're not on my hard disc taking up space, right?

Sorry about all this.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Marshal mellow, when you download our app locally to the device, it takes up some of your hard drive. 

If your Dropbox quota is reached, and you don't have enough space, then any changes, and additions you make in the Dropbox folder on your device, won't sync online, and therefore to any other devices such as your mobile app.

Therefore, if you add content in your Dropbox folder on your computer, but can't see them on your mobile, this could be the case. 

Provided this is what's happening, you'd either need to upgrade, or make some space in the account, in order for the new files to be uploaded. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Megan,
Thank you so much. First, I will get rid of some of the kids nonsense I saved. Second, I have no idea how but I'm able to see everything I saved on my phone now. Thank you!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Awesome @Marshal mellow

If you need anything else let me know, I'll be one post away! 😎

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I do. This whole thing is bizarre. I was looking at my pictures and then went somewhere else on the web. I went back to Dropbox and after trying everything there is to click on the site I absolutely cannot find them again. I want to cry. There was one place where there's a camera and it says to hold it up to your pc and wait. Since I didn't have my pc with me I fooled around a little more. Then I couldn't even find the camera thing again. This is just too frustrating 😞. I think I'll give up. At least for a while but thank you very much for putting up with me 😊

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Wait! I don't know how to explain this but you know how when you look at things on the web the pages stay on your phone unless you delete them? You know what I mean. History I guess. I looked and there they were! This thing is messing with me. 😭

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Oh. One more thing just to make this more confusing. Early on when we started all this I saw that one time I was "Marshall Mellow" and another time I was "Tofu". It was years ago that I set this up so I don't remember what I wrote but I have used both names in my web career. Also, I saw that although I am told I am almost out of space when I'm using my computer it said that I had only used something like 20 percent when I was able to get in on my phone. I hope this isn't painful for you 😐

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Marshal mellow, this would mean that you were logged into another Dropbox account, since you can't have two usernames under the same email on the Community.

This means you have another email address which has a Dropbox account on it. Try logging into the site with your current email to see the files, and then logout and try to login with another email address you use. If need be, you can reset the password for that account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?