cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Syncing PC with Android? Please help. Don't know what I'm doing.

Syncing PC with Android? Please help. Don't know what I'm doing.

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I read everything about the pics that I uploaded to the Dropbox cloud from my PC and be able to see them using the Dropbox app I downloaded to my Android, but can't get anywhere. Does this sentence make sense?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TOFU, thanks for clarifying! 

Do you have access to your PC, to check if the app is updated, and syncing properly? Also, how did you add the files? Did you copy them in your Dropbox folder when doing so?

Feel free to let me know the app's syncing status, and version by hovering over the little Dropbox icon, on your task bar and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Marshal mellow, let's jump right into this! 

I'd need some additional info, to fully grasp the situation, and guide you as to how you can resolve it. 

How do you upload the content from your PC? Do you use the desktop app, or our website? 

When you say that you can't get anywhere, do you mean that you have trouble viewing the content when you open your Dropbox app on your phone, or you have trouble uploading the content in the first place? 

Feel free to provide me with as much info as possible and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Tofu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you for your reply! For years I've used the app on my PC and uploaded a couple hundred probably photos which I always assumed were going to the cloud. As you can tell I'm not too tech savvy. This cellphone is fairly new to me (android) and I downloaded the Dropbox app. I assumed I'd be able to see all my pics on it but I only see the ones I took recently with my camera. Did I explain that well?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TOFU, thanks for clarifying! 

Do you have access to your PC, to check if the app is updated, and syncing properly? Also, how did you add the files? Did you copy them in your Dropbox folder when doing so?

Feel free to let me know the app's syncing status, and version by hovering over the little Dropbox icon, on your task bar and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan!

Thank you sooo much for trying to help me. Unbelievably, I stumbled and bumbled my way to make it all work! I noticed that I got messages to Tofu and also to Marshal Mellow. I had two accounts going which explained the whole thing. One thing I don't understand though, is all those gazillion pics inside my phone and it may explode or are they in the cloud and I don't have to be afraid to carry it in my pocket?

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oops! I was wrong. I only got about a quarter of them if that. Ok, I don't see a little Dropbox icon on my taskbar, sorry. I'm letting you down.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Marshal mellow, don't worry about it, we'll get to this together.

You mentioned that you only have about a quarter of them. Are you checking the mobile app, or the desktop app? If you have any screenshots of what you see on your end, that'd be amazing to attach here. 

As for the little icon on your task bar, can you do a quick re-install of the desktop app, and let me know how it goes? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Megan
Thank you for your help this far. I live in Japan so I assume we have a big time difference. I go to this little restaurant, pay about $4 for the all you can drink lousy coffee and use their wifi for 3 hours. I'm cut off so I'll see what I can do with what you have given me so far and pray that you're there tomorrow. Thank you thank you
Richard (aka Tofu)

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Take your time, and respond back to me on your next lousy coffee session @Marshal mellow:coffee:

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Marshal mellow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm really sorry it took so long to get back to you, kind of a crazy day. I'm trying to follow your advice but I get stuck in the first paragraph.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Marshal mellow Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?