cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When uploading files, the date/time is added to the file name. How can I avoid this?

When uploading files, the date/time is added to the file name. How can I avoid this?

BengtOveOlsson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When uploading files entered name was added to the beginning of the file name.  From today also uploaded date/time is added to the file name. Is it possible to avoid adding of date/time to the file name?

Best regards Bengt-Ove

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BengtOveOlsson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I think I found the answer after some testing. The file, photo image, I sent was a replacement for an old file with same file name. Normally the new file just replaces the old file even if the photo image is changed. In this case the image size had been changed and Dropbox discovered that and added upload time so I would notice that a new file had been uploaded.

Anyway, many thanks for your attention.

Best regards, Bengt-Ove  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @BengtOveOlsson, I hope you're well today!

Can you just clarify for me how you're uploading the files to Dropbox? For example, are you using the desktop app, mobile app or website?

Please let me know the steps you're taking when uploading files that causes this issue, and send along any screenshots you believe might be helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BengtOveOlsson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I think I found the answer after some testing. The file, photo image, I sent was a replacement for an old file with same file name. Normally the new file just replaces the old file even if the photo image is changed. In this case the image size had been changed and Dropbox discovered that and added upload time so I would notice that a new file had been uploaded.

Anyway, many thanks for your attention.

Best regards, Bengt-Ove  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BengtOveOlsson New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?