cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I upload files to my Dropbox account?

Why can't I upload files to my Dropbox account?

JoeBrennnan226
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have used dropbox for years, I believe a new version was just installed and now I can't upload files. A simple video clip 848MB. It comes up Error and lost connection. I have internet connection so it is not that. I restarted computer but still does not work. I deleted old dropbox files, and still no go. If I use the basic installer it says it is too large, Can someone help.?

35 Replies 35

Donna W.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

And there's nothing but silence here. Ugh

Young M.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The tech at library suggested accessing libraries wifi before sending Dropbox. Same thing w uploading stuff to YouTube. I have boost mobile. The wifi is spotty. I noticed when I log into Apple Store wifi or Starbucks wifi n upload to YouTube it's instantaneous. This could b the problem w the Dropbox. By the way I got iPhone 5 and I was afraid it would be hard. It's so easy to photo videotape. The Apple Store downloaded GoPro editing app called splice. Splice will access all of your google drive n android taken photos and help you edit on iPhone

Kareem D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ok.. seen all of your issues.. I am having somewhat of a similar predicament. For years, Dropbox was uploading my word documents smoothly, then yesterday, BAM.. no more!!! Says cannot sync file when in use???? So now I have to save file to my desktop, copy and paste it into Dropbox. A few extra steps, but time consuming none the least.

So does anyone have a fix???  

Cristian G.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Last time when it did this I reinstalled Dropbox, and it took much time to re-download all my files, although I already had the Dropbox folder on my hard disk. I thought will sync normal, but now I have a similar problem, it shows "Uploading 34 files, ( 10.601 kb/sec, 1 sec left)" since 2 days. I checked "Don`t limit" in Preferences - Bandwidth - Upload rate, but no change in status.  Don`t know what to do, it still Syncing ... Help!

Cristian G.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I give it the last try - I restarted Windows and IT WORKED! It took 20 sec to upload all the remaining files. Hope to be helpful. 

Cristian G.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It happens again - it finalize upload and download not in the same session in which the files are created, but after restart the windows. It ok, anyway ...

Snow P.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Worked firm until I upgraded. Looks like they just took the money and run, leaving you in the lurch. Don't use Dropbox, find another file sharing platform. Especially for pics and videos.

michaelk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

am having the exact same problem. only half of my files are being sent and so far, wasted an hour trying everything to get it working.

susanalockhart
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't have any other choice but to use Dropbox bc it is required for work.  I don't understand how all these people can be having issues, but no fixes yet.  So far, I am the only person who is having problems in our company, so it makes me look like I don't know what I am doing...

S3EED
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i had the same problem you need to change the file name if it have emoji or something after you change the name it weill work

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Snow P. New member | Level 2
    Cristian G.2 New member | Level 1
    Kareem D. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?