cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online folder won't appear in explorer

online folder won't appear in explorer

Kleptoctopus
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a folder which I am shared on, which will not appear in my file explorer and sync to my PC (Windows 10). 

I have it selected to sync in selective sync. The same owner has shared many different folder, all of which sync to the PC no problem, but this one never even appears in my explorer.

Any solutions to this? Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kleptoctopus wrote:

I have a folder which I am shared on, which will not appear in my file explorer and sync to my PC (Windows 10).

Make sure the folder name doesn't have any characters that would be incompatible on a Windows system. If it does, the folder won't sync until you rename it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kleptoctopus wrote:

Make sure the folder name doesn't have any characters that would be incompatible on a Windows system. If it does, the folder won't sync until you rename it.

Kleptoctopus
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a good feeling this might be the solution. There is a "?" in the file name. Might run this up the flagpole and see if we can change that. Thanks Rich!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kleptoctopus wrote:

There is a "?" in the file name.

That would definitely cause a file to not sync to a Windows system, as that's a reserved character in the Windows OS.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Kleptoctopus Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?