cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"That didn't work for some reason" error when clicking on a shared link from 10 years ago

"That didn't work for some reason" error when clicking on a shared link from 10 years ago

anandbhimjiyani
New member | Level 2

I have a link to a video from 10 years ago 

[link removed]

I can't remember which email account i created it from

But when I click on it now it says

"That didn't work for some reason"

It's a very special file memory of my grandma; I would appreciate it there is anything you can do to help recover it. 

Or even to know who owns the account that made the file. And maybe I can locate it directly in case the 'link' is expired/deleted (but not the video)

Much Appreciated

Anand

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@anandbhimjiyani wrote:

I have a link to a video from 10 years ago ... I would appreciate it there is anything you can do to help recover it.

Unfortunately, that's not possible. If the link is no longer working then either the link was removed or the file was deleted, and there's no way to recover a file from a link. If you created the link, you'll need to sign back in to the account that it was created from and find the original file, assuming the account and file still exist. If the account was idle for more than a year then it would have been deleted due to inactivity.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?