cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "You seem to be having internet issues" error preventing upload even w/o Internet issu

"You seem to be having internet issues" error preventing upload even w/o Internet issues present

blackandwhitedoggo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Trying to use Dropbox for the first time, a relative set up an account w/ 2TB of storage so we could share old home movies. I'm trying to upload one that's like 7GB and almost two hours, understandably the upload time it gives me is sizable which is fine, but four times now the upload has stalled with a message of "You seem to be having internet issues. Hang tight and we’ll resume your upload once you reconnect." despite not actually having any Internet issues as every other site is cooperating fine, and even if I leave the tab open for a while there's no further progress on the upload. Have never had this issue with large uploads to Google Drive or YouTube, etc. Tried signing out and in as well. Any particular fix for this beyond just using a different service besides Dropbox instead? Thanks!

53 Replies 53

dantol86
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, did all that. Uploading files via the website use massive amounts of memory usage within the browser causing it to crash. It's almost like you've implemented something to prevent us from doing this. Please look at your code and fix it.

Joannewong121
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks, I also did all of that - reboot router, restart phone (the upload is via mobile as the document for upload is in the phone), tried to use different browsers (chrome, safari) and same error occurred

MMaes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Having the same problem, tried all the supposed fixes. Seems like a code issue...

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and actively investigating the cause of these error messages. We will let you know when we have more information.

Regards,

Ben

Dev_1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue right now.  I've tried several different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) and tried it under private/incognito mode without success.  I've disabled all the add-ons/extensions as well.  The file I'm uploading it 13 GB and haven't had an issue uploading even larger files than this in the past.

ashleywchism
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is this fixed? I have been trying to do this for over 10 days and have been unable to upload a file with the same issue every single time. This is very frustrating and what poor customer service to see so many of us are having the same issue and nothing is being done.

The message continues to pop up, no matter the browser or how many times I check and reboot "You seem to be having internet issues. Hang tight and we’ll resume your upload once you reconnect." that is not the case. I would like this issue fixed or an update asap.

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. Our engineering team has implemented a change that they believe may solve this issue.

Go ahead and re-attempt any failed uploads and let us know if it works or if you are still receiving the same error message. I will pass this information along to the investigating team.

Regards,
Ben

blueice
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Ben

Just tried it and file was uploaded successfully.

Many thanks to you and your engineering team.

Best regards

Ced

dantol86
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

seems fixed here too as of last night. There's a xx mb of yy mb progress bar while file is uploading and Task Manager is reporting normal usage (about 300mb of RAM) while uploading a file in Chrome vs the 8GB of RAM usage previously.

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thanks @dantol86 and @blueice!

I'm happy to hear this is resolved. Of course, if there is anyone out there still experiencing these upload issues, please let me know.

Regards,

Ben

Need more support?