cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You seem to be having internet issues" error preventing upload even w/o Internet issues present

"You seem to be having internet issues" error preventing upload even w/o Internet issues present

blackandwhitedoggo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Trying to use Dropbox for the first time, a relative set up an account w/ 2TB of storage so we could share old home movies. I'm trying to upload one that's like 7GB and almost two hours, understandably the upload time it gives me is sizable which is fine, but four times now the upload has stalled with a message of "You seem to be having internet issues. Hang tight and we’ll resume your upload once you reconnect." despite not actually having any Internet issues as every other site is cooperating fine, and even if I leave the tab open for a while there's no further progress on the upload. Have never had this issue with large uploads to Google Drive or YouTube, etc. Tried signing out and in as well. Any particular fix for this beyond just using a different service besides Dropbox instead? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. Our engineering team has implemented a change that they believe may solve this issue.

Go ahead and re-attempt any failed uploads and let us know if it works or if you are still receiving the same error message. I will pass this information along to the investigating team.

Regards,
Ben

View solution in original post

53 Replies 53

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @blackandwhitedoggo, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Since there are no actual internet issues and your upload is well under the web upload limit, this might be a browser issue.

Can you try uploading your file again using a different browser or a private browsing window and let us know if that helps?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

blueice
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi

Has there been any resolution to this issue ?

I am encountering the self same issue on an older Android box using google chrome.

File starts to upload, gets to about 1 minute left then the message appears and then it 's stuck.

Tried using firefox and that doesnt even let me load a file.

Private/incognito mode works insofar that it will upload the file but the error message appears quicker.

On the Windows platform it works.

thanks in advance

ced

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that, @blueice.

How large is the file you're trying to upload?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

blueice
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hannah

They vary between 1 - 2 Gb.

Regards

Ced

GPF Campaigns
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've also been having the same issue when I'm uploading a file, and the "You seem to be having internet issues" error pop-up appears after a minute. This has been happening for a couple of days. Also, I've tried different web browsers and tried both my strong g wifi and connecting the ethernet cable. I'm trying to upload files that are large like 49 GB which is under the 50 GB upload limit.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, Ced and @ GPF Campaigns.

Have either of you tried to use the Dropbox desktop app for your uploads instead?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

William F.7
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue, started about a week ago after years of no problems with Dropbox.  Tried different browsers (mostly using Chrome).  This seems to be a DB issue, my internet is rock solid with google drive, onedrive etc.  They need to fix it.

William F.7
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have not tried it, but I will tomorrow.  Seems strange that after 10 years of DB business account with 3.5tb files saves, suddenly I'm having this issue and so are others.  No issues with OneDrive or Google drive.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @William F.7, thanks for posting here today! 

You mentioned that you've tried using different browsers. Do you notice the same behavior on all of them? 

Also, do you notice this when you try to upload specific content, or with all of them? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Pdigilio Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?