cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 30 day restore now working. Despite nbeing on what I beleived was a pro account.

30 day restore now working. Despite being on what I beleived was a pro account.

stormy3000
Explorer | Level 4

I have what I believe was (is?) a plus account and definitely used to be able to restore files up to a year old. 

It seems that changed at some point, though I still have the amount of space associated with a Plus account, how ever the restore files deleted in the past 30 days is not working, or at least is only showing deleted files from this afternoon. NOT early this morning, nor the past month.

Is there any way to contact support to investigate? ... or is the only way to post here?

The files I'm after were only deleted around 17 hours ago.

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

When you are logged in what is showing at www.dropbox.com/account/plan ? That is the plan you are on now. 

In terms of restore if they were deleted within the last 30 days they should be recoverable. Try www.dropbox.com/events BUT they may not show up if they were in a shared folder - in which case you need to rejoin the share. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

stormy3000
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply,

It's says I'm on the basic tier.

However it also shows that I'm using

Using 1.56 TB of 2.01 TB storage.

Where as basic tier is just 2Gb.

I can also see that payments have still been going out monthly for the account.

It's only showing deleted files from this afternoon, not the past 30 days. And particularly not the early hours of this morning, which are the files I'm after.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @stormy3000

The files that you're missing, were they located within a shared folder perhaps, or were they personal?

In regards to the payments you mention, do you mean that you're seeing recent Dropbox charges in your bank statement or when logging in to www.dropbox.com?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

stormy3000
Explorer | Level 4

It seems that the payment (*via paypay using the address I use for my active dropbox account) is for an older paypal account, associated with a different email address.

I don't fully understand why/when that occurred or why I have access to 2TB on what looks set as a basic account. Could extra space have been shared from the old account to the new one, I'm sure they used to be connected and able to jump between the two but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I assume then, that the files are not recoverable. Although, I don't understand why even if it's on the basic tier the files are not retrievable. I can only assume dropbox wasn't syncing, possibly due to my local harddrive nearing capacity 🤷‍:male_sign:. I'd REALLY like those files to be magically restored but seems unlikely, unless there's any extra way to check for backups on the support side?

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 08.15.24.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @stormy3000, in regards to what you mentioned about the payment for your account: there's not a way for two individual accounts to be linked, and for the Dropbox space to be transferred from one to the other. 

It's indeed odd that your Dropbox account reports 2TB, and I'd love to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

You initially mentioned that these files were deleted, 17 hours ago, right? In that case, and since the Basic plan offers a 30-day-recovery period you should be able to recover them. Have you also checked your deleted files page, to see if you can see them there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?