cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up Dropbox account for business & choosing the right method to organize my content.

Cleaning up Dropbox account for business & choosing the right method to organize my content.

ambern1023
Explorer | Level 3

Im looking to set new policies in place for my organization such as (Fixing dropbox!) we have vendor folders, customer, training, compliance etc We want anything that has $ such as invoices, bills etc to go into a CXO (restricted folder only people in CXO can see) then other stuff in regular folders such as a customer folder that has a job # folder etc

We name our docs starting with job # if applicable, then customer name/or vendor name then INVOICE, QUOTE, ESTIMATE, then date of document 

I want to start using doc tags to easily find docs quicker but we also need to set a naming convention and also go back and fix old document before I started working here as well as make sure these documents are added to existing spreadsheets for purchases/inventory etc.

What is my strategic plan of action of correcting these folders as well as having them named similar with keeping the dates of the documents on them but making  them match how we are doing it now, setting up tags & automation rules such as (Saving a doc in a vendor folder but also in a vehicle folder / job # folder without needing to copy it to 3 locations.) *We realized short cuts do not stay working to do this. 

Any tips would be helpful! 

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ambern1023, happy Friday, thanks for posting here today! 

You kinda responded for me, before me in your initial response. 

I'd also suggest tags, automations and naming conventions, in order to have an easier, clearer path and structure of your files, and Dropbox account. 

Keep in mind, that what you mentioned in the last paragraph about saving files twice, but essentially not making a copy of it, or even a shortcut isn't entirely possible. 

As for the tags, and naming conventions, as well as choosing the path of each file, and possibly renaming it, this is something that you'd need to manually try. 

Unless of course, there's a third-party app that can help with this, however that would be outside the scope of my Support. If any of our users have any ideas and are willing to share, that'd be amazing. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?