cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Template to Template Link

Convert Template to Template Link

datha
New member | Level 2

We should be able to convert an existing template to a template link. Today, we have to completely recreate the template as a template link. Ideally, we should be able to just toggle an existing template to convert it to a shareable link. 

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @datha, could you clarify the templates you're referring to for us?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lcoady4325
New member | Level 2

I think what she is saying is that if we already have a template set up and configured the way we want it, but it was not setup as "template link" initially, we should be able to convert it or create the template link after the fact, vs. setting up a whole new template. I'm trying to do this now, I'm new to the platform and am concerned that I have hours and hours of work ahead of me to make our existing templates into template links so we can link them from our website! We have complex application forms with dozens of fields and this will be a lot of repeat work.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lcoady4325 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?