cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete and Restore Folders/Files

Delete and Restore Folders/Files

astonge2016
Explorer | Level 3

Delete and Restore Folders/Files:

I would love to be able to see all of the folders/files that were deleted in the last 30 days in the basic version and be able to restore them.  Right now I only see a few items and not even the stuff that was deleted a couple days ago.  I use this platform for school and not being able to completely restore my Folder/Files creates a huge headache when stuff has been accidentally deleted.

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@astonge2016 wrote:

I would love to be able to see all of the folders/files that were deleted in the last 30 days in the basic version and be able to restore them.

You can see all the activity on your account here:

jascky
Explorer | Level 3

I mistakenly deleted my photos from drop box is there any way to recover photos?

Mark
Super User II

How long ago did you delete them?

If you are a free user and it was within 30 days follow https://help.dropbox.com/delete-restore/recover-deleted-files-folders

If its over that I'm afraid not. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jascky
Explorer | Level 3

you for your quick reply i am going to try this. i was trying to recover the thumbnail of my articles 

karthik logan
New member | Level 2

It seems that I erased my images from Dropbox by accident; is there any way to retrieve them? the folder has all my blog photos.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @karthik logan, sorry to hear about this.

Have you checked your deleted files page and your events page, to see if you can locate them?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    karthik logan New member | Level 2
    jascky Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?