cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting camera uploads

Deleting camera uploads

PatTok
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to delete all camera upload images currently on dropbox.  Some of these images I have filed into dropbox folders. Will they be deleted if I delete the camera upload images? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @PatTok 

No, if you delete in Camera Uploads it will only delete in that directory. It wont delete anywhere else.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @PatTok 

No, if you delete in Camera Uploads it will only delete in that directory. It wont delete anywhere else.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Masha-C
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi @Mark
And what settings on the iPhone Dropbox app and Macbook app should I have to use my Dropbox Camera uploads as storage?

I want to connect my phone to the laptop (e.g., once a month) to drop all the photos there and then delete them from the phone. Will they be safe in Dropbox after deleting? Or will this folder (Camera uploads) sync and mirror my Photos app?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Masha-C, hope it's OK to jump in. 

You can turn on camera uploads on your desktop app with these steps

Only after all your photos have been successfully uploaded to your Dropbox app and it shows as up to date, you can go ahead and delete them from your mobile device. Doing this won't affect the photos that have been saved on your Dropbox account, as it's not syncing to the Photos app on your phone.

Hope this helps!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Masha-C New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?