cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files have disappered from Dropbox

Files have disappered from Dropbox

Vanni_18
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I uploaded a bunch of important files to Dropbox about a month ago, one of my old colleagues needed a file I had worked on so I went into Dropbox to get it for him. Strangely once I logged into my account all the files and folders I had saved had disappeared. They have not been moved or deleted and I have double checked to make sure.

What should I do because that is the only place where the files still exist.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Vanni_18 wrote:

I uploaded a bunch of important files to Dropbox about a month ago ... I logged into my account all the files and folders I had saved had disappeared.

What does your Events page show? If you see a deletion event, you'll be able to recover the files from your Deleted Files if they were deleted within the recovery period for your account.

If you don't see any reference to the files on that page, then you're likely signed in to a different account.

Vanni_18
New member | Level 2

Yeah there's nothing on my events page. The funny part is that I have only that account and I accessed it from the welcome email they sent me.  

Rich
Super User II

@Vanni_18 wrote:

Yeah there's nothing on my events page. The funny part is that I have only that account and I accessed it from the welcome email they sent me.  

If there's nothing showing on your Events page then there's been no activity on that account, or any files that were added were later permanently deleted, which removes the activity from the page.

Vanni_18
New member | Level 2

Okay thanks it's strange because I checked the day after I uploaded them and they were there.

Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vanni_18 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?