cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the total number of files in a folder?

How can I find the total number of files in a folder?

rotzooi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Boy, am I disappointed with Dropbox. I assumed that each folder would display the number of files in that folder, without me jumping through all kinds of hoops. This seems not to be the case, however... 

Did anyone come up with a nifty solution to this problem?

25 Replies 25

natlipson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi @Daphne. Considering that the first post on thie issue was written almost two years ago and considering the length of this thread, your answer - which is the first really complete address of the issue - comes way too late. For almost two years there was complete disregard at worst or frutrating non-answer answers.

rebelPhil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, this is sorely needed. It should show the amount of files in a folder.

Also, we should be able to choose to have more than 3 columns displayed if we want. For example, I would want Name, Size, # of files, and date last modified.

Lastly, it should carry over into integrations. I have found that the size is not carrying over into our Salesforce.com for folders.

This doesn't seem that hard, quite being obtuse Dropbox and let people customize their file organization experience per their preferences, not what you think people want...

TFlash
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There is no way to tell how many files in a folder. It would be nice to be able to tell if all 250 images uploaded correctly by looking at how many are in the folder.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TFlash wrote:

There is no way to tell how many files in a folder. It would be nice to be able to tell if all 250 images uploaded correctly by looking at how many are in the folder.

Select all the files in the folder, and the number of selected files appears on teh right side of the page.

19244c8b66136ff3c017b7b243e7c291.png

Lady Di
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for welcoming me into the DB community.

I am a photographer so I mainly use Dropbox to back up all photos and videos.  Is there a way to see the numbers of photos and vids I've backed up in Dropbox?

jackcalling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would just like what you offer to work better.  Look at what I get.  I can guess that it might be 365 or 385.  But the presentation of this data is useless when I'm trying to ensure all files are uploaded before I delete from my PC.Clipboard01.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jackcalling New member | Level 2
    Lady Di New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    TFlash Explorer | Level 3
    rebelPhil New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?