cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get access to old accounts?

How do I get access to old accounts?

amyp4317
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am trying to find several old Dropbox accounts I no longer have the passwords to nor do I have access to the emails the account were built under. How do I locate all of my outstanding Dropbox Accounts & How do I gain access to the accounts without passwords or access to the emails the accounts were originally built with

19 Replies 19

Carmelo palafox
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just remember I had this account dropbox.
[personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines]
Please help me to get my old account

Carmelo palafox
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
please help me to recover my old account 🙏

Amoakohene
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Can someone help me?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Pastry2 and @Amoakohene, we'd be happy to help. 

If you have checked out what's been suggested already in this thread, could you give us more information so that we have a better understanding of what the issue is?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

onimesh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
i want my old accounts and old files

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @onimesh, thanks for joining us on this thread. 

Were you signed in and did you have recent activity on the accounts that you're referring to? 

Any additional information you could send our way would be super helpful. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Brian Johnston
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,  i have an old account that I cant access any more.  It was with an email address that I no longer use and and on an old device.   I have some sentimental photos locked in this account and cant get in.  Any Ideas?  

Cheers

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Brian Johnston wrote:

i have an old account that I cant access any more.

When was the last time that you signed in to the account? If the account was idle for more than a year, it was likely deleted due to inactivity. When this happens, neither the account nor the files within it can be recovered.

It was with an email address that I no longer use and and on an old device.

Assuming the account still exists, you would need access to the email address in order to gain access to the account. The only other way to gain access would be if you still had an active device linked to the account.

Timtooly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to sign in to an old account of mine but don't have access to the old email address anymore, I do have the old password though?

Have tried all options but still get the invalid email or password notification?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Timtooly wrote:

I need to sign in to an old account ..

When was thge last time you signed in to the account? If the account was idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files within can be recovered.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Timtooly New member | Level 2
    Brian Johnston Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?