cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open XLS files any more

I can't open XLS files any more

muntyan oleg
Helpful | Level 5

Good afternoon ! I have a problem with XLS files, they stopped opening. although I work with them daily

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

muntyan oleg
Helpful | Level 5

@Jay  stunned)) you are right, I removed the "/" in the file name and everything opened. thank you very much for your help and advice!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

Why?

We need more info. Whats the error etc.?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

muntyan oleg
Helpful | Level 5

throws this error

"Sorry, we couldn't find /Users/macbook/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox/NC INPUT:NC INPUT:EXIT 2023.xls. Perhaps it has been moved, renamed, or removed?"

Mark
Super User II

So that isnt all Excel files it is one specific one. 

Have you done as it says and looked for it in another location instead of opening it via File -> Open?

Check www.dropbox.com/events to see if its been deleted. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

muntyan oleg
Helpful | Level 5

this does not happen with just one excel file, some open.

this file INPUT:NC INPUT:EXIT 2023.xls
it is not remote, it even opens in view mode, but does not open in edit mode and work with it.

and if you save it in such a way as you indicated above, then you get to work with this file in online exsel mode, and not on the basis of dropbox remote access.

maybe this is the reason that I do not have a paid account?

I have been using this resource for three years already and a week ago I was working with files online in my account

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @muntyan oleg, could you try changing the : symbols to a - symbol instead, as Excel might not support those symbols in file names?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

muntyan oleg
Helpful | Level 5

@Jay  stunned)) you are right, I removed the "/" in the file name and everything opened. thank you very much for your help and advice!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

muntyan oleg Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?