cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Incorrect name sorting + default view selection

Incorrect name sorting + default view selection

anoliaeht
Helpful | Level 5

Files are sorted incorrectly by name when it includes numbers. Currently, it sorts as 10-19, 1, 20-29, 2, etc. They should be sorting 1-29 and so on!

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.30.57 am.png

Also, it's quite an annoyance that the type of view selected does not persist. It always defaults to the large list view for folders. Can we please set this to be persistent when selected OR give us the ability to set a default in settings?

Why does the new Dropbox make unnecessary things so large? E.g. the branded logo section, the large list as default, the toolbar that takes up 18% of the screen's height on a 13" laptop (yes, I calculated that.) If you already have the rotate, flip, crop, adjust tools under Edit, why do you display that on its own toolbar? We could've had that toolbar space for the actual file viewing. I appreciate the black bar on the bottom being now gone, but the actual file screen now is quite small.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.44.48 am.png Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.44.48 am copy.png

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @anoliaeht, thanks for your post today!

We really appreciate your feedback on our website.

I'll make sure to pass your comments along to our team.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Emmet
Community Manager

Hey @anoliaeht,

Out of curiosity, have you tried putting a 0 before the single figures? Instead of 1, 01, instead of 2, 02 etc. I wonder if that might help resolve your issue?

Regards,

Emmet

anoliaeht
Helpful | Level 5

Hey, @Hannah! Thanks, that'd be much appreciated.

@Emmet — No, I haven't. Unfortunately, I use DropBox for work and have no permission to rename. Perhaps that would work, but I don't think it's a scalable solution as we have thousands of folders 😞

Emmet
Community Manager

I understand, @anoliaeht. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team, but I thought this might work as fix for your issue. Please be sure to share any other feedback you might have! 

Regards,

Emmet

Need more support?