cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to edit .pages & .numbers documents using Dropbox?

Is it possible to edit .pages & .numbers documents using Dropbox?

sfross
Helpful | Level 5

I use a Mac & use Pages (not Word) and Numbers (not Excel). I rarely share Dropbox documents, I use Dropbox as a way to access/read documents when I'm not using my Mac; either on my iPad (using Dropbox app) or another computer via the Dropbox website. I would like to be able to edit Pages & Numbers documents using the Dropbox app but have never found a way to do so. I just have a Personal/Basic account.

Is it possible to edit Pages & Numbers documents using Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@sfross wrote:

My understanding was that items in the Dropbox folder/app could only be opened in Dropbox.

You can browse your Dropbox files directly within the Pages and Numbers apps. Just add Dropbox as a location within the Files app.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sfross, thanks for your post!

While it's not possible to edit .pages and .numbers files on our website, you should be able to edit them on your iPad.

Do you have the Pages and Numbers apps installed on it?

If you do, you should be able to open and edit the files in those apps, using the 'open with' option (square icon with arrow pointing to the top right).

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sfross
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I have Pages & Numbers on my iPad. But my documents are stored in my Dropbox folder/app. My understanding was that items in the Dropbox folder/app could only be opened in Dropbox. If there's a way to open the docs in Pages & Numbers, I'd love to know how to do that.

Thank you.

Rich
Super User II

@sfross wrote:

My understanding was that items in the Dropbox folder/app could only be opened in Dropbox.

You can browse your Dropbox files directly within the Pages and Numbers apps. Just add Dropbox as a location within the Files app.

sfross
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you so very much! I have been trying to find a way to make Dropbox more functional for my purposes for many, many years. Have asked repeatedly if there was a way do edit my docs in Dropbox & this solution was never mentioned to me. Can't thank you enough!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sfross Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?