cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with tagging files, tags are duplicated when moving to next file

Issue with tagging files, tags are duplicated when moving to next file

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having an issue when tagging files in Dropbox. When I double click a file and add tags to it on the left side (under "Info"), and then click on the arrow on the upper right corner to move on to the next file, it says the file has the exact same tags I just added to the previous file, even though it shouldn't have any tags added. Even when I move on to the next file after that, it also has the same tags. Only when I go back to my files and manually double click on a file, it shows the correct tags, which in this case is no tags. This means I would have to double click a file, add tags, go back to files, double click the next file, add tags, go back to files again, double click the next file, and so on. I could also go to files, click on "File info", which brings up the tagging menu on the right, and do my tagging like that, but I would much rather see my files in full size when I tag them.

Is this a bug that is getting fixed or is my Dropbox just having issues? I didn't have any problems with this just a couple days ago.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hey @samperinleni - we believe we've fixed the bug and this should now be resolved. Let us know if you run into issues again! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @samperinleni, thanks for contacting us.

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi! I tried switching browsers as well as everything else you mentioned and I'm still having the same issue.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @samperinleni, would you mind sending over a few examples screenshots, demonstrating the behavior you mentioned in order for us to have a visual too? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi! Sure, here are some screenshots:

Screenshot (1139).png

Here I have just added tags to this image. I click on the arrow to move on to the next file, and this is what happens:

Screenshot (1140).png

The tags from the previous file seem to copy over to the next file (which is the one shown above), even though I haven't even added a single tag to it yet. Only when I click on the X on the upper left corner to go back to the file gallery and double click on the next file manually (instead of using the arrow buttons to move between files in full screen mode), it shows up correctly:

Screenshot (1141).png

Here you can see the correct tags, which, in this case, is no tags. Only using the arrow buttons seems to trigger this bug.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots @samperinleni!

I see what you mean, that's an odd behavior indeed. Does this happen when you try to tag files inside a specific folder, or with all of them? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I checked files in other folders and had the same issue, so it seems to happen with all my folders.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @samperinleni, which browser do you mainly use, and is it up-to-date? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I mostly use Google Chrome, sometimes Firefox. They're both up to date. I have the same tagging issue on both of these browsers.

HAFPTEAM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having the same issue! I've also found that sometimes I'll double click on an image, tag it there, then go back to files and click the check box beside that same image to see the File Info, and the tags that I just added aren't there anymore. Just jumping in on this thread hoping to find resolution. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

samperinleni Explorer | Level 4
    simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?