cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues on opera browser

Issues on opera browser

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear community

From my point of view DB's performance decreases continuously - new features instead of old features working properly - and all time!

Newest problem is: Since some days when choosing (setting a hook) a file, the options-headliner (download, shift, etc.) vanish, respectively are not there at all. Also the three dots and mouse-over features (e.g. copy link) are not there anymore.

I have not changed anything within my browser (latest opera) - so what happend?

Furthermore allow me to bring forward: A such common and widespread programm like DB, which demands to help sharing content between several own devices and the whole world, should be programmed in a way simple, that there are no compatibility issues with different browsers!

KR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

On my side it works with opera again - without changes from my side - so thanks to DB-Programmer for fixing! 😁

Kind regards,

Chris

p.s.: Aside, the popup-menus do not change position, when the space e.g. below the file decreases.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox is technically not supported on Opera: https://help.dropbox.com/installs/system-requirements#web although I know many people do use it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
As often... 😕

Nevertheless it worked until some days ago - so maybe knowing what was changed helps to fix it from my side!?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Chris L, sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or a private browsing window since you first noticed this?

Does the issue persist on a supported browser?

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Walter

Yes I tried private browsing etc. - no effect with opera.

With mozilla or chrome DB works, but still performance is declined compared to former times.

KR

Chris

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello fellows

I noticed a new phenomenon: the missing mouse-over (download link etc.) is there at .xls files.

Still not at .pdf, .doc, .jpg. etc.

Does anybody have a clue?

Kind regards

Chris

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm not seeing this happen on my end, but I'm using the latest version of Chrome (just updated it yesterday). What browser are you using when you notice this? 

Does this persist after clearing your browser's cache or on other browsers, preferably with no extensions/plugins running, Chris? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

With firefox it works - also with the same security settings and addons installed like in opera!!!

The font looks little different, and is recognizable smaller, but ok.

However, I still do not understand what DB's programmer implement, that it doesn't work with opera anymore - and it's annoying.

Kind regards

Chris

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying that and, also, thank you for your feedback on this @Chris L - much appreciated.

For now, the only thing I can suggest apart from using a support browser as it works normally there, is a small workaround which is if you select the file then you can click the share option appearing from the small preview pane on the right and from there you should be able to copy the link without opening the file. 

I hope this helps a tad! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You are welcome

Yeah there are some workarounds...

Meanwhile I sent a report to opera - maybe they can improve something from their side.

Kind regards,

Chris

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sprocket003 Collaborator | Level 8
    Chris L Helpful | Level 6
    NJT145 Explorer | Level 3
    andyotto New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?