cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files and support no longer available for me

Missing files and support no longer available for me

Fred18
Explorer | Level 3

I am a long time movie and music interested Dropbox user and have collected real treasures over the years. After a reboot of the PC, much was gone from the box. I went to support and was treated very kindly at first, but mostly by a different agent. I made the mistake of not responding to some mails out of ignorance. Since the matter is very important to me, I contacted support (perhaps too often) and by mail. Since yesterday, no agent is available for me in any language, which I find very hard and strange, because a support should also be available for annoying customers and actually not lock anyone out. What is my last option, dear forum?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Fred18 wrote:

Since yesterday, no agent is available ...

Do you have a ticket number? If so, reply with it here and a Dropboxer may be able to check your ticket.

Fred18
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the answer, I will certainly be able to use it. 

I have another question:

I had to do a restore of my PC on March 11 and when I got in again afterwards, most of my data was gone. This is strange because with backup only the hard drives are processed and not the internet.

When I asked to restore the box of March 8,  all data were gone, because the 15. was executed.
From March 12 to March 1 there is no record in the event list. When I asked to look for a possible day to restore before that, the information was, you can't find anything and if I didn't load anything, there can't be anything.

Can data also be deleted backwards, because then my box was still totally ok? I do not know what and how the data is stored in the cloud, whether overwritten every day or only added at intervals? And is the cloud not secured against deletion?

Thank you for your attention and greetings.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Fred18, I hope you're doing well! 

It'd be valuable if you could share your ticket number reference with us here, in order for me to have a look. It'll help me have the full picture too. 

Also when you say "15. was executed" can you let me know some more info about this? 

Now, based on what you said: are you certain that the app was running, and syncing content correctly before you did your PC restore? 

The way the app works, is you add content in your Dropbox folder, and the files sync online. Provided there's no internet, or that the app isn't running -for whatever reason- the content wouldn't have been synced to our servers, therefore the changes you made wouldn't be visible in the events page. 

We definitely secure your content against a deletion, provided that the files synced to our servers online.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Fred18 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?