cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My photos are gone

My photos are gone

ALICHIA4
Explorer | Level 3
All of my photos are gone on Dropbox. I’ve had the app for years and recently went to pull up my engagement photos only to find that all of my photos and files no longer exist. I pay for Dropbox monthly only for this to happen. I’m very angry as my kids newborn pictures are no longer available. Even a link that someone emailed me pictures through Dropbox stated the link no longer exist. Dropbox says that I have used 0% of my storage space. I am the only person that has access to my phone. I don’t know what to do! Maybe sue for pain and suffering because it’s very hurtful I have no memories to look back on and I’ve been paying for God knows how long for services that aren’t being rendered.
3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @ALICHIA4 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show? 

In regards to links they are probably not from your account, they usually come from others and only work while that person has the files in their account. As soon as they delete/remove the files the link stops. Have you asked whoever sent you it to get a new one?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ALICHIA4
Explorer | Level 3
No, I haven’t!

What about photos that were backed up to my phone?
I have a monthly subscription but now when I log in it says I have Dropbox basic which is incorrect. My subscription renews again on the 9th.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ALICHIA4, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you're not seeing the missing files on the events page, then there's a few possibilities as to why this might be the case:

• The files are on another Dropbox account
  • They were on a shared folder you don't have access to any more
  • The files were deleted outside of the 30 day period
  • The files were permanently deleted

Is it possible that you have another email address with which you use on Dropbox?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ALICHIA4 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?