cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper Older Version

Paper Older Version

mosn
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Folks, I have a problem.
I am using Paper for a long time ago and recently some of my colleagues joined Paper I shared some folders with them but they are unable to do any edit in the folder and got this error "Can't select this folder because was created with an older version of Paper", after that I worked with their account. Find out their Paper is completely different and works differently, it's like a part of the main dropbox.
Do you have any idea how to fix it? or update my Paper to their version?

15 Replies 15

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mosn, thanks for posting on our Community!

You're probably referring to the new release of Dropbox Paper, which is automatically available to our new users.

This is slowly being rolled out to our older users as well.

You can read more about this here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mosn
Helpful | Level 5

I was read that post. So there is no way to update my account sooner before the complete roll-out?

Mark
Super User II

@mosn 

Simply put, no, sorry 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mosn
Helpful | Level 5

OK, Thanks

Jan L
New member | Level 2

It says Paper 2020 and its 2022 😄

Is there an estimate when you plan to have all old users migrated @mark / @dropbox

TY!

N Fring
New member | Level 2

Also wondering about an expected timeline? This is the only thing preventing me from fully moving over to Dropbox because I can't use Paper while offline through the Dropbox app...

Mark
Super User II

@N Fring wrote:

Also wondering about an expected timeline? This is the only thing preventing me from fully moving over to Dropbox because I can't use Paper while offline through the Dropbox app...

There is no timeline... or rather it was missed - badly. 

The rollout was supposed to be in 2020 (as it was called Paper 2020) but Dropbox, sadly as usual, have just ignored and refused to comment on what is since happening and when it will be complete. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11

Question: Does the search in Paper 2020 extend to Dropbox? Will searching for a name or a tag in Paper show results from Dropbox? Right now they are separate systems. Not easy to see "everything" in your search if you use Paper and Dropbox pre Paper 2020.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @JOfE, I hope you’re doing well and Happy New Year!

Just to make sure I understand correctly, do you mean that you’d like to search for a Dropbox file/folder based on name/tag while you’re on Dropbox Paper?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?