cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photo albums disappeared

Photo albums disappeared

Piggy75
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi
Can somebody please help me as all my Albums not files have disappeared.
I have hundreds of pictures stored in these albums and need them back?
Look for to hearing back from people

49 Replies 49

Lels
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Would also appreciate Dropbox responding with some help.. they seem to be ignoring these requests for help and offer no explanation

christophull
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

so I used the Albums feature of the Dropbox App very intensively, it was just perfect.

Suddenly it disappeared. The Support told me, that, well it was turned down.

My lots of albums? Are gone.
My hours of work? Are gone.
When did it happen? of course two days after they charged another year of dropbox.

So my really fancy idea is: Bring back the Albums and never again just deactivate such a feature without telling the customers!

If that is not possible, I will need to look for an other cloud operator. Maybe you can suggest one?

Thank you very much in advance.

MarcusBra
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For me it's a disaster. If they don't bring it back, I have to rebuild the Albums for days in different provider and let Dropbox back. I don't can understand a decision like that!

Kd15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same for me. Not happy. When I told Dropbox that I was finding their site difficult to navigate since latest upgrade, I thought the problem was with me. Dropbox, you should have been honest and frank. I have spent alot of time trying to relocate all my albums which clearly now no longer exist!!

Lels
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
So apparently Dropbox does not read or manage this site because there has not been any help whatsoever. They were quick to "award" a ribbon, woo hoo, but not willing to help support.

Alanedempsey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is such a bad decision. Must of been made by someone who doesn't use the album function or doesn't have a clue. Have been a paying customer for more than 10 years, and all of my important photos such as kids birthdays sorted into albums. They are all disappeared. And before you tell me the photos are not, ye I know but do you think I have time to be scrolling through thousands of photos to find what i am looking for?
Going to look at an alternative for Dropbox now as there must be a bunch of morons running it....

shah hosein
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also cant find any of the albums I created on the android app and i'm using version 272.2.6 of the app

YALE1914
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Without warning, the albums feature disappeared.  I've been using Dropbox since 2006, and have been a paying customer for the last several years, using it for business photos. I depended on the albums feature to find photos quickly for projects I was working on.  Without that feature, I now have to scroll through thousands of photos to find the one I want...

Why would the company think taking the albums feature away (without warning, I might add again) was a good move?

I've been on the forum and have seen many, many unhappy customers for the reasons I outlined above.  Most changes occur to improve a site, this change certainly did not.

dkovac
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox!

As a person who works in IT for 25 years I can say that you've handled this very poorly.

Personally, I haven't used albums that much (because they were hard to use, and the sharing was not working all the time), but I can imagine that many people have spent a great amount of effort to organize their photo collections into albums and now you have just destroyed that effort without giving them any kind of alternative or event automatic migration of albums into folders (or something).

As a paying customer I'm wondering what's going on at Dropbox to make such poor decisions, and if I should perhaps think about taking my files elsewhere?

Dalibor

Dcell1230
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You have got to be kidding me.  I thought I did something stupid. I have been trying and trying to find the albums I made for WORK 

THIS SUCKS

time to find a new place 

Need more support?